Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Songbird

(In this video, she repeats the chorus a few times. Note that you can hear Kemp crying in the background. He wasn't so much crying as calling out from the other room because he wanted to be included. Poor guy.)

For the last six months Gracie has been amazing us with her talent for singing. We take a lot of time before bedtime and naps to sing her songs and lullabys, mostly which are primary songs. All of the sudden one day we were driving in the car and we could hear Gracie quietly in the back seat singing "I am a child of God" almost perfectly! She had most of the words (or her interpretation of what she thinks we are singing) and the right beat and melody. We thought for a two year old it was pretty amazing. Since then she has expanded her reprotoire to MANY songs including

Teach me to walk in the light- all verses

Twinkle little star- and MANY other children nusery rhyme songs

Dearest Gracie (children) God is near you- two verses

Love is spoken here-two verses

I like to look at rainbows (when I am baptized)-two verses

I love to see the temple- two verses

There are many others. She often sings verses twice or adds an extra chorus or two. Its also so cute to listen to the words she sings. Example "Jesus wants me for a sun BEAN". If she isnt sure of the words she'll sing the tune and insert some "uh-uh-uhs" with the correct beat and syllables. I love hearing her sing lyrics like "cherish virtue, cherish virtue" (dearest children hymn) it is so sweet. I love our little songbird.

Below: The ABC song (video starts at H-I-J)

4 comments:

elise said...

WOW we love it. afton wanted kemp to sing too, but i'm totally impressed, afton's just starting to sing a little bit, but not nearly like that, i think i'm inspired though, we'll start singing more at home.

Holly Janeen said...

well she is the cutest sunBEAN i have ever seen.
please move here NOW. i need you.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

(i goofed in the spelling department, so i erased the comment before this)

Oh my goodness! Just when I didn't think it was possible, your kids became more adoreable! I mean it too.