Monday, March 30, 2009

Smarter Than the Average Duck


Gracie has "Leap Frog" letters on the fridge that she likes to play with. If you are thinking about buying them, I totally endorse them. They are sturdy, bulky (so even little uncoordinated hands can handle them), and best of all- three dimensional. Not only can she plug them into the music box and hear the letter sound, name, and a little song, but I like to use them with play-dough. Because they are 3-D you can stamp them in the play dough and letters like A, T, M and more dont come out backwards so it is fun and good practice.

Today, I was loading the dishwasher and when I turned around Gracie had sorted the letters by color and lined them up in rows. I was completely suprised! We haven't really practiced sorting like that and she did it all on her own. When I turned around and saw it I got really excited and told her what a great job she had done. Gracie said "Look, Mama!" and proceeded to go across the rows and name the letters one by one correctly (we have practiced letters). Wow!

3 comments:

Camille said...

We have these same letters but I'd never thought of using them with Play-Dough, great idea! What a smart girl! :)

Cherie said...

wow, so I've had that set for how long now, and I never realized that all the vowels are the same color...

ashycam said...

little genius on your hands eh?