Thursday, April 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home







Sing it with me! We got a house Yea! We got a house Yea! Things didn't go exactly like we hoped, but I trust that it is all in the plan somehow, and that this is the way it was all supposed to work out.
Like I wrote before we offered on a house- a short sale (like a foreclosure). It was great because we could have got it for 40K under the normal price and we really liked the house, floor plan, neighborhood, and location. Then-devastation! Our realtor called and told us that the bank had accepted an offer LOWER than ours. Maybe I have it wrong but I thought banks were in the business of making money. No one could make it out. Not our agent, the selling agent, no one. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but our hearts were set on it and I was really upset.

Next we offered on our second favorite house. Also a great choice with certain perks of its own. Devastation number two! The sellers laughed in our faces and RAISED the price 20K dollars just to show us who was boss. Weird. I dont know why they priced it low in the first place if they weren't willing to accept the lower price. By now I was really upset.

We decided to offer on a house in Springville. We had decided that we wanted to live in Provo-west provo to be exact-in order to be close to the hospital. We aren't very familiar with Springville, and though it is not far, it is about 10 minutes farther than west Provo. But we didnt have much of a choice. We were running out of options.

So we offered and got the house! It is actually the same floor plan as the first house we wanted, but has a much bigger back yard. As mentioned, it is in Springville. Three bedrooms two bath. It does have nice advantages like it includes a fridge, has a front porch, and has real wood floors. It is an awesome and beautiful house, just not in the location we originally wanted. I guess we were meant to live in Springville.

All in all we are SO GRATEFUL that we got a fabulous house that I think we will love. We will move in at the end of May and Sean will start residency mid-June. Yipee for our new house!

4 comments:

Cash Family said...

That's so exciting!! The house looks beautiful! An old neighbor of mine lives in Springville... she absolutely loves it. I know you will too. I've only heard good things about it. About the garden, you could probably plant some things.... but maybe you could plant some seeds in May and just plant them in like a pot or something and transplant them to your garden... I don't know if that'll work, but it's a suggestion! Good luck with everything!

Cherie said...

What a cute house! I am so excited for you to have all that room--plus that giant yard for your kids to play in. (It will grant you a lot of sanity.) I'm glad your house hunting is over. I remember ours all too well...not fun. You are going to love having a house--though I'm not too happy that you are leaving. We have to make sure you come over one last time.

Holly Janeen said...

yippee is Right!
i confess that i was fantasizing all day about you living here...
oh my goodness its exciting :)

Laura said...

So you will be in Utah!! We live in American Fork. It would be so fun to see you sometime. Your blog is cute--I just found it off of Holly's blog. Congrats on the new house!!