Friday, April 10, 2009

How to Create Stress in Your Life

Buy a House.

When we found out we were moving to Provo, we started to house hunt right away. I spent HOURS online searching through homes. We picked a realtor and looked at MORE homes. Our realtor was great at keeping in touch and helping us understand the process. I spent even MORE hours calling banks and mortgage companies asking about rates and hounding them to send me information about closing costs. We stayed up after midnight every night for two weeks ruling out houses and talking about different options. I worried and worried if we were setting our spending limit too high, choosing the right lending company, or going up to Utah too soon or too late.

Finally we were ready (more or less) to head up to Provo. Somehow Sean convinced me to drive for over 16 hours (including stops) through wind-90 miles an hour in northern Arizona- miles of snow in Utah, multiple road closures (adding even more hours to the drive), and construction with two children under three years old. Our trip was really awful but I really shouldn't complain because Kemp and Gracie did well. I couldn't have asked more from them.

In Utah we spent EVEN MORE HOURS driving around looking at houses by ourselves and then later with our realtor. The good news is that we found one we like and will probably get for 40 thousand dollars lower than it was originally priced-its a short sale. The bad news is they havent approved our offer yet and we are getting really nervous. We did find a really good 2nd choice but I hope we get this first house. I wont post a picture yet in case we dont get it. That will be so sad.

Now we are finally back home. Our trip lasted about a week. We were really blessed that our kids did so great and we found a few houses we like. There is still a lot to be done after one of our offers is accepted but at least the big trip is over.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That does sound kind of stressful, but fun! Congrats to you and Sean! Do you know when you'll be headed up North for good? I propose that we have a going away party for you. I'll be talking to Holly to work out the details... By the way, I like your blog background. Good luck with the house!

Holly Janeen said...

but its all worth it so that you can live by me, right? RIGHT????

i will pray that you find a nice place- so that i can have the privlege of being close by you! :)