Tuesday, May 11, 2010

We drink Alotta Milk

I have a confession. I didn't make this idea up myself. I got it from a magazine. Here is the deal (as She-She always says).

First I spent a few weeks saving milk jug lids. Like I said-we drink alotta milk. If you buy milk from Walmart you will be able to figure out what kind two kinds of milk we drink. Then I traced 'em, labled 'em, and made this nifty matching game. If I'm in a really good mood, I put pennies in the turned over lids. She-She and I take turns and for every turn she takes, she keeps the penny. At the end of the game, she gets to go to the "store" and buy some m&ms or something small. I make her count the pennies and treats so she gets even more learning.


Even though she knows her alphabet it is good practice. I still collect lids so the next game I make will be matching small words on the lids to the pictures on the paper. I love it when I feel like a good mom.

3 comments:

Lovely Lady said...

What a fabulous idea! Little Man knows his letters, but you are right it is still good practice and the small word idea is genius. You are a great mom!

Katie

elise said...

brilliant, i'm totally copying too :)

Holly Janeen said...

you are such a good mom! can you raise my kids, too? or at least give me lessons? seriously.