Sunday, May 17, 2009

Doctor Sean



Dr. Sean Smithson M.D. It is official! On Friday Sean graduated from the University of Arizona college of medicine with a doctorate degree in medicine! I am so proud of him. He worked so hard for four long years. Taking 35 credit hours a semester, working 80-90 hour weeks. Spending weeks away from home doing rotations at other hospitals, spending hours and hours and hours studying for tests that cost $1000 lasted 8 hours. He did it and passed with flying colors. He didn't get involved in all of the extracurricular stuff like some students, but he built strong relationships with me and our kids. He got stellar marks and evaluations from his attendings. He proved that he will make a great doctor. I wish I could tell you all of the great things that his patients and other doctors said about him, but he wouldn't like that.


His family and grandparents came for the graduation and it turned into two long days of excitement. Gracie, Kemp, and I hooded him at the ceremony. I wish I had some great pictures, but our camera ran out of batteries! I feel sick when I think about it. I ran it down trying to keep Gracie quiet by showing her pictures during the long hours of awards banquets and graduation speeches.


I am proud of myself too because it was hard on our whole family as we sacrificed money, and our huband/dad as he worked hard. We made it and are stronger and better for it. And our future looks bright! We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Cash Family said...

Congrats! What an accomplishment!! We are so happy for your cute family!

Erin Cummings said...

Congratulations Sean and Family, we are super excited for you all! Enjoy Utah! You all will get to have beautiful seasons!

elise said...

wow, we're so excited for you and proud of you, all of you! way to go!