Monday, May 25, 2009

Moving On


This week we are moving up to Utah. We don't know exactally what day we will pull into Provo because our house may not close on time. I can't tell you how disappointing this is to Sean and me. If things go really wrong, our house may not come through at all. Or, we may just have to hang out on the street until the loan finally goes through-which is what we are waiting for. We will stay in Holbrook until things get figured out because our lease here is ending so we have to leave.
Packing up and leaving friends, family, our home, and this city which we have lived in for the past 8 years or so is stressful and very sad. What makes it harder on me is to see how it is hard for Gracie. It breaks my heart. We have been packing up for a few days and she all the sudden started going around the house throwing all of her toys into a box. It took her about 30 minutes to get the job done. When she finished she said, "There-I all cleaned up Mom!" I got the impression that it was her way of dealing with the stress and she thought that if she cleaned up her toys, Sean and I could be finished too and play with her. She did the whole process a second time last night (her toys dont ever stay put away for long). Another time she was having a melt down about going to bed. I asked her what was wrong and she cried, "I just want to go to Utah!" Again, I think she realizes that after the move is done things will be back to normal.
Her room is all packed up with boxes stacked everywhere. This changes the smell in there, too. Two nights ago she was having trouble sleeping again (a common thing in this last week) and I stood outside her door to hear her whimpering, "Don't be scared, ohhhh... Don't be scared....ohhh!" Poor girl. I about started crying myself. I went and got her and rocked her to sleep. She has also started sleep walking- I'm assuming from stress.
Kemp has also become more needy as we spend less time with him and more time working around the house. At times he won't let us put him down at all. I will be so relieved when we are settled in and can give our sweet kiddies lots and lots of time and attention.
Thanks to everyone here in Tucson. I am grateful for all of the friends we have made. We will really miss our families. Gracie will, too. She adores her grandparents and aunts/uncles. It has been a wonderful year with Sean serving in the bishopric and we will miss our ward even more because of it. It is hard to leave.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

That is all so sad--you leaving, your poor kids. I hope everything gets worked out fast for you.

Camille said...

Sorry the change is so hard on everyone. At least there are exciting things to look forward to--as long as they work out, right? Your house looks amazing and I'm sure you will love the Utah weather. You definitely picked a good time to leave Tucson. :) Good luck!