Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Hairy Topic


A big event happened in my life this week. I got my hair cut...and highlighted. Can you believe it? Okay, so maybe it isn't a big deal to the rest of the world. In fact, maybe it is a little LAME that I have NEVER in my ENTIRE LIFE colored my hair. Okay, except once in high school I helped a friend bleach her hair and I was so brave and put some streaks in my bangs. No one even noticed.

This time I got coupon in the mail for a salon. A haircut for $14.99 or a cut and color for $50. A steal, I guess. Sean watched the kids and convinced me to take a risk and spend the $50. So I did. Then I texted him that I went pretty blonde and he about panicked.

The truth is that I got some highlights and cut my hair a little shorter than usual. See any difference in the picture above? Not really, right? Well, She-She says there is. Here is her reaction:

At first she was kinda silent. For an hour or so. Then it all came out when Sean asked her opinion of my new style. And you know She-She always has an opinion on style.

"I don't like yer hair! I will tell dose people at the store to not take yer long hair! And you will sit in the chair and I will paint it black. You not have brown hair! I will paint it black. I'm so angry."

She told me several times that I was not supposed to have brown hair. She plans to paint it black again when she gets the chance. So I guess my little adventure at the salon was not to her approval. She likes the old me better. Oh, well.


As you can see by this fabulous picture, I just have "a little sunshine" in my hair (as the stylist said) that should grow out naturally. I think this picture makes it look even more dramatic than it is. Or maybe I just can't see the top of my head in real life, so I don't know.

Fun stuff. Next time, maybe I really will go blonde.

3 comments:

Cash Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! I'm so proud of you for coming over to the coloring world.

Cherie said...

It looks very cute! And I've never colored my hair either--so I guess I'm lame too, or by myself now. :) Kids always have great reactions to haircuts, especially on mom. When I cut off that 13 inches a year ago, Natalie kept telling me that I had to grow it all back and not cut it anymore. Just today, she told me, "mom, your hair is getting long again!" And just so you know, I could NEVER picture you as a blonde. Your dark hair is way too pretty.

Holly Janeen said...

you are, as always, hott. with TWO t's.