Saturday, February 27, 2010

Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk

Dear Readers,

I know I use crazy little alias names for my kids, and these video totally negate that purpose, but whatever. Bigdog is learning to say words and it is so cute. Sometimes he can be pretty good at imitating a word I am saying. Some words stick around for a along time (Momma, Dad, hi, no-no, pat-pat) and others he learns and quits using after a while. Here is a sample of our little linguist. In the video I thought he was saying 'knock-knock' but I have decided he was telling me 'no'. A lot of his words sound the same, but trust me, he IS saying them. Can you blame him that enunciation is hard at 14 months?

(P.S. Do you know the difference between enunciation, and annunciation? After writing this post, I do!)


It is now official. Bigdog is 14 months and he walks. He took his first steps at the beginning of February. By Valentines day he was covering short distances across the room. Now he has decided that there is something about walking that is worth it. This week he started walking ALL the time instead of crawling. Even if he falls, he doesn't crawl but stands back up. Here is some footage:

4 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Poor big-dog, She-she just walks right into him knocking him down. Such is life as a younger sibling!

Holly Janeen said...

HOOOOOORAAAYYYYYYY!!!

Mayhem no longer said...

Cute babies! You know, of course, that there is no safety now. Whatever he can't get into, I'm sure She-She will help with. :)

Cherie said...

I think its so funny when parents are so proud when their 9 month old starts walking. I think they are crazy and unlucky! We are all about milestones as parents, but I'm all about late walkers. It really is all over once they start walking. Like Melanie said, nothing is safe; not your kids or anything in your house! :) But 14 months is great! He does have to eventually learn all that good stuff, right?