Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fruit of Our Labors

I am so proud of our little garden, and I think it is really fun to take care of-SO I thought I would do another special post about my developing green thumb.





If you remember, here is our plot when we first planted it....

(we cheated and started from seedlings, not seeds)




About one month later...












Our first strawberry! Actually it was our second, but birds stole our first one. Look how little it is! More like the size of a raspberry







2 comments:

elise said...

looks fabulous! i planted from seeds in feb, (such it is in tx, after all), and i think my garden doesn't get enough sunlight, i've got tons of leaves, and haven't seen a blossom yet (i think i'm going to let it die now, it's not worth the time to water it :( oh well) congrats!

Cherie said...

Hey, that's pretty exciting. Our attempts at a garden this year failed when we couldn't get the shovel into the ground.