Sunday, July 26, 2009

Update

So here are somethings that have been happening for us in the last week.

1. I took Kemp to his six month appointment. He is now 7 1/2 months but because of the move and insurance changes, I just barely got the doctor thing done. Here are his stats (for 7 months of age)-
Head- 80 percentile
Height- 40 percentlile
Weight- 25-30 percentile!!!
I thought he was smaller than Gracie was at this age, but I had no idea he measured up so small. With his blonde hair and small size, we wonder if he is really a Smithson. Gracie at 6 months was more in the 80 percentile all around. Kemp is a little boy with a big head! We think his small weight is because for the first 5 months he was a MAJOR spit-upper. When he stopped spitting up so much he got the stomache flu. He is also VERY active. In fact he is now army crawling all over the floor. He likes to play so much that I have problems getting him to concentrate on eating. Sean gives him an extra bottle before bed now to try and fatten Kemp up.
2. I was called in our ward to be the ward music leader. This includes leading in sacrament meeting, picking the hymns, and arranging musical numbers. I am actually pretty nervous. I guess I know how to lead, but I get all flustered standing in front of everyone and mess up. Ugh. This is the first time I have gotten a calling and had worries about it. I am considering deligating the leading in church to someone else. Especially because Sean is on call on Sunday about once a month and so I have to figure out what to do with the kiddies while I lead.
3. I am realizing more and more that Gracie is a sweet little girl with a heart full of music. At any time during the day she is usually singing to herself, Kemp, or me. Now she not only sings countless songs, but makes up her own, too. Or she uses a familiar tune and changes the words to tell about her thoughts. If she isn't singing to the music in her heart, she is dancing to it. I get daily performances of her dance routines complete with stage entrance and a dramtic finish-topped with a round of bows.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Horray for little boys!! Kelton seems little too. He's taller than average, but definitely doesn't weigh much. But he is an active little thing too.
Ahh, music callings. I just recently got moved from primary pianist to organist. Oh fun. :)

Mayhem no longer said...

It's not the leading I hate, it's the knowing everyone can hear me singing! But you can actually sing, so that's probably not a problem for you. Your babies are so big! Congrats on getting settled enough to see a doctor! Are you loving it?

Cash Family said...

HEy, I was the music leader in our ward when I was prego with Ava and I was always nervous to lead the music with my huge belly. Everyone stares at you, and you start to think, "Is my fly undone?" But you'll do great. I found it helps people to sing when you make eye contact with them and smile at them. It's a fun calling, I'm sure you'll love it! Good luck!