Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Modern Technology


Gracie (in her PJs) checking out our blog

How crazy is it to raise a kid in a world with so many gadgets like cell phones and computers. I know every little kid likes to play with the keyboard, or try to push the nifty power button, but Gracie is older now and things have gone a step further. Is mine the only kid who likes to use the computer? OR MAYBE I should ask- am I a bad mom if I let my daughter use the computer? If I ever leave our blog on the screen Gracie loves to scroll down and look at all of the pictures. What kid doesn't love pictures of themself? Our mouse has the little center scroll down wheel thing on top so she has figured out how to move up and down the page. AND maybe once a week she asks me to play the ABC game. It is a Fisher-Price online game where she can press the letters on the keyboard and hear their name along with an animal that begins with that letter. If you want to follow my bad lead, here is the link.
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/fun/games/abczoo/default.asp
And that is how I go about raising a computer geek!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love (and my boys do too)starfall.com! Check it out. And my boys love to get on pbs and the lds friend site, too. You're not bad, your daughter will be prepared for all the computer things she'll be doing when she gets to school . . .

Cherie said...

Natalie begs her dad all the time to play the "fairy game." It's some game based off of the Tinker Bell movie. She loves it! And your family picture is sooo cute. I think it turned out really good. I actually thought Gracie just had a pony tail on top of her head. It's a very cute picture. Kemp is looking like such a little boy!

Liz and Chase said...

My 6 year old often asks to look at our blog, and all 3 of the bigger kids (3-5-6) love to go to the pbs and Nick Jr websites to play free games. We limit the school age kids to 30 minutes a day after homework and moniter what they are doing closely, and everyone is happy.

Camille said...

Thanks for the good idea! Right now Trevor just likes to do "yettas" (letters) by typing on Microsoft Word. The Fisher Price site sounds a lot more fun.
Our other problem is Birch's iPod. He showed Trevor some games on it once and now that's all he asks for. These are some VERY tech-savvy kids!