Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Looked Out the Window and What Did I See...




Thats right folks, SNOW!! I took these pictures from our front yard. Last night and today it kept raining on and off. We also got hail a few different times. The forcast says that we could even get some snow down here tomorrow. Crazy? YES! I checked the forcast in Tucson and they were supposed to be a whole 50 degrees warmer than us at around 95 degrees. So we enjoyed cuddling in blankets and drinking warm drinks. At the same time I am realizing how endless this winter might feel.
Have you ever read the book or seen the movie The Snowman? Its about a little boy who builds a snowman and it comes to life. Gracie keeps telling me, "It will snow at our house and I will make a snow man! He will smile and be so funny! And we will fly in the sky with him!" I hope she is just playing and realizes that the book is fictional or else she might be really disappointed.

4 comments:

elise said...

afton LOVES, LOVES, LOVES that movie, we get it from the library about every other week. i must admit though, after a day like today, snow and cuddling in blankets sounds nice, though a long winter might be a little overwhelming, compared to what you've been accustomed to (i think it'll be really hard for me, as much as i look forward to it someday).

ps. i love your view too, i miss the mountains!!!

Cherie said...

Natalie keeps telling me that winter is coming and that it's going to snow and she's going to play in it. We keep trying to explain that it just doesn't snow here--not even in the winter. So sad.

Amy said...

I love that you have snow so close all ready. It is only 87 out side right now though, which is perfect to me, especially since it was 100 last week! I must have lizard genes from somewhere, 'cuz when it's hot, I'm hot and when it's cold, I get cold. This has been quite a random comment hasn't it?The mountains in Utah are always so beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comment last time. I do love our house!

Laura said...

I remember right after I moved up there it snowed--in June! I was in shock. Enjoy the snow and your beautiful view of the mountains!