Sunday, November 22, 2009

Once there was a snowman

First item of business. I know my blog isn't private so I really shouldn't be concerned with privacy. But nevertheless, I am going to start using nifty code names. My sweet daughter shall from hence forth be known as She-She. Its a nickname we use for her sometimes. I don't really know where it came from. The little guy is now Bigdog(or BD if I am lazy in typing). Also a household nickname. And I am ME!



Here is our first snowman. It is about 8 inches tall. She-She was in charge of being in charge and giving directions. Bigdog's reaction was, "Who is this scary woman holding me. I want YOU Dad!" (I was wearing a knit hat, and Big Dog didn't like it.)


Here are a few other things that have happened around our place.

Our little vacation sure did a number on Bigdog. It totally ruined his sleeping habits. Before we left he was such an awesome sleeper. Rock him, sing him a song, lay him in the crib. He would immediately turn his head to the side, close his eyes, and fall asleep. He regressed badly on the trip because he was sick and we were all sleeping in the same room- so I was there to immediately soothe him if he woke up. When we came back he was still waking up often crying. We decided to retrain the poor guy but with no success. We tried the "cry it out" method. He hasn't improved (shortened crying times before sleeping, waking up less), instead he is worse! He just gets MORE upset and cries whenever we start a bedtime routine or walk towards his room. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. We have done this before with She-She and Bigdog and it worked, but not this time.


As for She-She, she is as cute as ever. I love the ways she talks. I like to watch her eyes when she tells me things. Sometimes when she is serious her eyes get real big and look almost crossed. Its so cute. Or if she is really excited they sparkle with glee like she has a secret and she is going to burst. Adorable. Two of my favorite phrases of hers are, "Watch this I do!" Which means she has discovered a new trick which she thinks is clever. Another favorite- "What you said?" I don't know why her words get mixed up sometimes but that is one phrase that has stuck since she could talk.

1 comment:

Mayhem no longer said...

When you figure out the sleeping thing, let me know your secret. We've tried one from everyone else! You do have the most adorable children! Love em up!