Monday, November 30, 2009

Confession


Today I was folding laundry that had sat in a clothes basket over the long weekend. This translates to very wrinkley clothes. Here's the confession- I didn't even think about ironing them. I never Ever EVER ever ever ever EVER iron. Sometimes in a rare case the wrinkles are extreme, then I wrestle with the iron. But this is very rare with wrinkles very extreme. I think you could consider it a miracle if I use the steam setting or use starch. Does this mean I'm a bad mom? Or a bad wife? I'm pretty sure it means my family wears clothes that are way to wrinkley. I mean, what would I do if I lived in a time where clothes weren't made of cotton/poly blends that are "wrinkle-free"? What do you think? Am I the only one with this dirty little secret or do you have an ironing weakness, too?

6 comments:

Mayhem no longer said...

I use my iron all the time. It's other name is my dryer. Yea for "wrinkle release" cycles. :) I think I ironed more in the 12 months we lived together than I've ironed in the five years I've been married.

Laura said...

Yeah, that's what the dryer is for. Sometimes i feel bad when Eric has to put his clothes in the dryer each morning to get the wrinkles out, but most of the time I just think he should be glad that the clothes are clean.

Cash Family said...

I HATE ironing. It's no fun. I only iron if absolutely necessary and I make Nate iron all his own clothes. So, don't feel like a bad mother or wife, because you're only human. :)

Cherie said...

Nope, never ever iron. I don't even run the clothes back through the dryer if they are wrinkled. I just don't care. I figure, the wrinkles fall out after you wear them for any length of time, so what's the point?

elise said...

i don't know anyone that actually irons... at least i don't think i do... i take it back, i've ironed at least three times since i got married almost 5 years ago. that counts for something, right?

Amy said...

Elaine, you are wonderful! The only ironing I've done...ever... is when I'm making a patchwork quilt or doing some other sewing projects. I've maybe ironed Ryan's dress shirts once, but I pull those out of the dryer right away. And that's usually the only thing I pull out right away.