Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stuffed Full: Cook-Blog-Share Final Week

*Here are the links to the other blogs with recipes this week. The blog/post title isn't always the name of the recipe so be sure to read the whole post and there should be a recipe somewhere in there. Also be sure to click on 'older posts' at the end of this post for more recipes or check out the February archive. Updated Mar 3 2010.

Chicken Enchiladas from Marie
Pepper Steak from Elise

This is the last week of my Cook-Blog-Share project. I am so excited that it went so well. I got a ton of new food ideas and it was fun to collaborate with fellow blogging friends. During the four weeks there were thirty-three recipes shared! My goal is to try every one of them and so far I have tested out fourteen. There is not a bad one yet! Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who participated.

This week I am sharing a stir-fry that is easy to make and I always have the ingredients in my cupboard. So without further ado...



Honey-Glazed Chicken Stir-Fry

You need:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken
1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies, dethawed

Glaze:
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons orange juice
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1.5 teaspoons cornstarch

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Set aside. Mix glaze in bowl. Set aside. Pour some oil into a pan. Add veggies and cook until they are tender and warmed through. Remove from pan. Add chicken. Cook until it is no longer pink. Add glaze. Cook and stir until it is thick and bubbly. Add veggies back into the pan. Cook everything until veggies are warmed through. Serve over rice.

*I like to double the glaze recipe because I like my stir-fry extra saucy. You can also use lemon juice instead of orange juice if you want a little different flavor. If you use fresh veggies, just fry them in the begginning a little longer until they are tender but still crisp.

1 comment:

Holly Janeen said...

elaine, sorry i suck.

ps.
how do you do it? nothing i make ever remotely looks that yummy, let alone anything CHINESE that i make.
you are a champion.

and i love you for it.

pps. i think you are awesome.

ppps. i am thinkin' that i need to hang with you to distract myself from the fact that i am still pregnant.